1 week ago
Last Sunday I attended a beach cleanup hosted by @coronaextra_au & @parley.tv When we arrived at Cronulla beach it looked spotless but after an hour we managed to collect 122kg of plastic! I also learned that unless we start acting on this epidemic, before 2050 there will be more plastic in the sea than FISH!
Corona & Parley are hosting beach cleanups around Australia and I encourage everyone to attend if they can! There are also a few other simple steps you can take to reduce plastic pollution:
1. Be a conscious consumer and become aware of how items are disposed (I didn't know this before, but even chewing gum is made from plastic!)
2. Recycle (at the moment only 9% of the plastic worldwide is recycled!)
3. Invest in reusable cups, water bottles, bags. (not only is this great for the environment but reusable water bottles are also free of cancer causing chemicals)
4. Support brands and organizations addressing plastic pollution
5. Join a beach cleanup
6. Spread awareness and explain to others how they can help!
If you have any other tips for please share them in the comments!
Pic 1 @mishkusk Photo 2 Bec Piper