20 hours ago
For our 6 year wedding anniversary, here are some random facts about our elopement 🥰
- I planned it all on my own in 1 month without ever having been to Paris.
- We wanted something incredibly small & intimate. It was a secret we wanted to share & celebrate with each other for a little while.
- We were on a tight budget. Our biggest expense was the photographer, everything else was carefully planned out.
- My dress was from my dream designer @reemacra & costs thousands. I found it right before our wedding at a sample sale for $400. My veil was from eBay. Chris found a $1000 @theory__ suit that fit like it was custom made for him at @saksoff5th for $300.
- We took engagement photos the day before our wedding at Versailles Palace because I’m 1. A professional procrastinator & 2. Extremely extra.
- Our wedding ceremony was originally supposed to be by the Medici fountain. I went the day before & it was virtually empty, I thought SCORE THIS IS PERFECT. The day of our wedding = HUNDREDS of people surrounded it. Our photographer saved the day & took us to a small romantic spot behind the Notre-Dame overlooking the Seine. It turned out even better than I could have planned.
- We wrote our own vows to each other & had everyone in tears. Chris’s mom told me she did not expect him to get that emotional & I told her I had never seen him cry before that day. Chris told me later he overheard that conversation. 😂🤷🏻♀️
- Our dinner was a dream out of a Pride & Prejudice novel. Since the city is pretty empty in August we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. They gave us a private room draped in red velvet with a balcony overlooking Paris.
- After the wedding, our family went home while we stayed in Europe on a month long honeymoon backpacking (aka 1 carry on suitcase each) to Prague, Amsterdam, Mykonos, Santorini & our final stop - Venice, Italy where Chris proposed 1 year before. 😍 We booked the cheapest airlines with multiple layovers, had “financial meetings” our first night in each city where we would sit and go over our bank accounts to see how much $ we could spend, allowed ourselves 1 fancy meal in each city & it was one of the greatest times in my life. ❤️